— Doualy Xaykaothao (@DoualyX) November 30, 2015
Crowds have gathered outside the 4th precinct police station for about two weeks to protest the police shooting of Jamar Clark. Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges has referred to encampments outside the station as a public safety hazard, saying there have been “near daily threats to burn the precinct, kill our officers and hurt people.”
One protester, Andrew Russell said, “If they tell us answers, we will leave. Until you release the tape, we ain’t going nowhere.”
“They’re going to have to physically remove me from here,” Lakiela King said, the mother of Teven, a victim in last week’s shooting at the precinct which harmed five protesters.
Draper Larkins, 38, returned to the precinct for the first time this morning after being shot last week. “We aren’t going nowhere,” he said.
Today’s Question: Is it time for the 4th Precinct encampment to end?