Photo courtesy of Minnesota Department of Transportation
Officials with the Minnesota Department of Transportation invite the public to see the new multi-transportation center in Mankato this week.
An open house is set for 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday. The building is located at 2151 Bassett Drive, east of Hwy 22 in Mankato.
The new multi-transportation facility houses the regional offices of the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the Minnesota State Patrol and Driver and Vehicle Services.
MnDOT started site work on the $24 million, 163,000 square-foot facility in 2008. It sits on 32-acre site adjacent to major highways.
Visitors will have a chance to:
– Tour any or all three state offices and visit with State Patrol officials;
– Watch a Minnesota Teen crash/driving 15-minute video (show times at 3:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.);
– Take a drivers license test;
– Visit a snowplow and heavy equipment display;
– Visit with experts in the laboratory for road material testing and learn about survey technology and highway designs.
The open house coincides with Winter Hazard Awareness Week, which runs from Nov. 8 – 12.