Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system Chancellor Steven Rosenstone has handed out this report on his “strategic framework” — the goals his administration has as well as a basic timeline.
The meat starts on page 4.
There don’t seem to be any quantified goals, but it’s still early.
A quick look shows some interesting bits:
– enabling students at two-year colleges to get their bachelor’s degrees without relocating;
– creating a common liberal arts core while reforming the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum;
– moving to a 12-month calendar where feasible;
– “right-sizing” campuses to better align resources (campus closures? Not sure yet); and
– mapping the state’s workforce needs region by region, sector by sector;
Anyone notice anything I didn’t?