The Rev. Tom Ries has been named president of Concordia University in St. Paul, and is expected to start July 1.
Ries, a former VP for finance and operations at Concordia and president of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod Foundation, will replace the Rev. Dr. Robert Holst, who is retiring.
Ries should make his formal acceptance of the position by April 15.
(By the way, Concordia University – St. Paul should not be confused with Concordia College in Moorhead, which has also just named a president.)
Here’s the announcement from the university’s Web site, and below is his resume:
- University of Minnesota, Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration, Minneapolis, Minnesota (expected completion 2011)
- University of Minnesota, Master of Business Administration, Minneapolis, Minnesota (1988)
- Concordia Seminary, M.Div., St. Louis, Missouri (1980)
- Concordia Senior College, B.A. liberal arts, with distinction, Ft. Wayne, Indiana (1976)
- Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Foundation, President; St. Louis, Missouri (2004- )
- Concordia University, St. Paul, Vice President for Finance and Operations; St. Paul, Minnesota (1999-2004)
- Howard Schultz and Associates, Senior Associate; Bloomington Minnesota (1995-1998)
- Messiah Lutheran Church, Founding and Senior Pastor; Lakeville, Minnesota (1985-1994)
- Concordia College, St. Paul, Assistant to the President and Vice President for College Relations; St. Paul, Minnesota (1982-1985)