Since we’ve recently been on the subject of credit transfers, here’s a USA Today piece by student Jeremy Azurin with tips to smooth out the process.
You can read the whole piece here, but below is a bullet-point summary:
- Be clear with yourself about whether you want or need to transfer. Remember the additional costs for applications, resending text scores and transcript requests.
- Time your transfer strategically. Transferring at different stages in college will determine which transcript your prospective school will use.
- Research your school. And remember some colleges have limited resources (pre-advising, financial aid) for transfer students.
- Choose courses for coming semesters at your current school. Read the articulation agreements at the school you’d like to apply to to make sure credits transfer.
- Start early — like the fall before you’d transfer.