As I mentioned in the post on my textbook price comparison yesterday, the Washington Post has a good article on the best places to get cheap textbooks online. It’s a piece by the founder of Cheapism.com.
Read the full article for details and warnings, but here are the main ideas:
- The best online sites are Chegg.com, Textbooks.com, eCampus.com and BigWords.com
- Pay attention to shipping costs
- Try to buy as many books as you can from one site to save on shipping.
- If you rent, check out the return deadlines, policies regarding writing and highlighting in the books and polices regarding returns for dropped classes.
- For Cheapism.com’s full guide to the best sites, click here.