You think you’re paying a lot for tuition? Has it even hit the $50,000-a-year mark? If not, you’re not even close.
Check out Forbes’ list of America’s 10 Most Expensive Colleges.
(By the way, they tend to be small, northeastern institutions.)
Here’s a brief summary:
- Sarah Lawrence College: $57,556
- Columbia University: $54,385
- Bard College: $54,275
- Wesleyan University: $53,976
- Vanderbilt University: $53,660
- University of Chicago: $53,604
- Harvey Mudd College: $53,588
- Trinity College: $53,380
- Georgetown University: $53,340
- Bates College: $53,300
About the blogger
Alex Friedrich reports on higher education issues for MPR News. Among the stories he has covered: the fall of the Berlin Wall, aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, collapse of the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis, 2003 Moscow suicide bombing and 2004 presidential elections in the Republic of Georgia. He holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Georgia and a master’s in European political economy from the London School of Economics.