Research out today shows higher rates of breast and prostate cancer among women and men whose work day starts after dark.
Next month the World Health Organization will consider declaring shift work “a probable carcinogen.”
What’s already on that list?
* Art glass, glass containers and pressed ware (manufacture of)
* Cobalt metal with tungsten carbide
* Hairdresser or barber (occupational exposure as a)
* Petroleum refining (occupational exposures in)
* Sunlamps and sunbeds (use of)
About the blogger
Bob Collins was with Minnesota Public Radio from 1992-2019. He was senior editor of news in the ’90s, ran MPR’s political unit, created the MPR News regional website, invented the popular Select A Candidate, started several blogs, and every day lamented that his Minnesota Fantasy Legislature project never caught on.