Good morning and welcome to Wednesday. Here is the Digest.
1. As part of an event honoring former Vice President Walter Mondale, Vice President Joe Biden played up his close relationship with President Obama. (AP via MPR News)
2. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said in Minneapolis he would not be surprised if the death penalty is declared unconstitutional. (AP via Pioneer Press)
3. Former Gov. Jesse Ventura was in court again Tuesday fighting the appeal of the $1.8 million decision he won against the estate of Chris Kyle. (MPR News)
4. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, says he’s willing to be Speaker under certain conditions. (CNN)
5. Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb ended his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination. (Washington Post)