Good morning. Here are five stories you don’t want to miss today.
1. Why do former presidents and A-list celebrities come to Minnesota to help the Starkey Hearing Foundation raise money? In part because they support the foundation’s effort to help people with hearing problems around the world, and possibly because the foundation is very generous to the charities the celebs are associated with. (MPR News)
2. Watch out on your drive into work today. One in five railroad bridges that pass over roads in Minnesota is structurally deficient. (MPR News)
3. Race relations in the U.S. appear to be headed in the wrong direction, according to a new poll by the New York Times and CBS News. (New York Times)
4. Donald Trump is causing another potential headache for the Republican Party. Now he says he may consider running as an independent. (Wall Street Journal)
5. The owners of the new Major League Soccer franchise are interested in acreage for more than just a new stadium. And they laid out some of their vision in emails to officials in St. Paul. (Pioneer Press)