Are you looking for something special for your valentine, but don’t want to fall back on the typical chocolates and flowers, or dinner out? Interested in supporting the local arts scene while you’re at it?
I asked artists to share their favorite spots in the Twin Cities for buying that special gift, and they came back with LOTS of suggestions. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Bracelets made from Minnesota license plates at “I Like You” (Photo courtesy gallery)
1. I Like You
2. Northrup King Building and the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District
3. Chicago Ave Fire Arts Center
4. Goddess of Glass
5. Gallery 360
6. Northern Clay Center
8. MCBA gift shop
9. The Art Shoppe at Midtown Global Market
10. Color Wheel Gallery
11. Birch Bark Books and Native Arts
In St. Paul:
1. Grand Hand Gallery
2. Artist Mercantile
3. AZ Gallery
4. Big Table Studio
5. Three Sisters Eclectic Arts
What would you add? Where do you buy locally made gifts?
Let us know.
About the blogger
Marianne Combs has been reporting on the arts in Minnesota since 2000; she first joined MPR in 1993.