We’ve been suffering our own budget cuts here in Minnesota, and a number of classic degrees are going down for not meeting whatever metrics their institutions have set.
Here’s a list by The Huffington Post that contains nine strange discontinued degrees at other colleges across the country. I noticed that most are from institutions I’ve heard little to nothing about.
A few of the degrees aren’t so strange sounding, but check out the slide show for details.
- Leisure Science: Carson-Newman College
- Animal Biotechnology: University of Nevada, Reno
- Master’s Degree in Tourism: California University of Pennsylvania
- Teaching Individuals With Orthopedics: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Music Management and Merchandising: Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Master’s Degree in Professional Growth: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Television-Radio: Southern Illinois University — Edwardsville
- Environmental Humanities: Unity College in Maine
- Corporate Communication: Hawai’i Pacific University