The 6th Annual FLOW Northside Arts Crawl takes place this Saturday, July 30, from 3-8 p.m. This year, the event takes note of the impact of the May 22 tornado on north Minneapolis, and offers people a chance to “make and experience art that responds directly to the tornado”. The free event is a self-guided art tour featuring visual and performing artists showing at businesses, studios and organizations along West Broadway in north Minneapolis.
• Northside 365 photography project
• BLO Stage & Beer Garden and FLOW Afterparty Tornado Response
• Live Chainsaw Carving with recovered trees sponsored by FORECAST Public Art
• Murals by Juxtaposition Arts on tornado damaged buildings
• Photography and field recordings of the aftermath by alleycat.mn
• Northside Community Poem writing project
• Art Sale to Benefit Northside Artists
And from 5-6 p.m. at Penn & Broadway, a special ceremony will recognize the 6,000+ volunteers who’ve been part of the massive cleanup of north Minneapolis in the weeks and months following the tornado.
You can find more info here.